Hints & Tips
Here are a few jewels that can make all the difference
- Always store EasiYo yogurt in your refrigerator.
- EasiYo yogurt is a great lower calorie substitute in any recipe to replace cream, sour cream or mayonnaise to give a light, fresh, tangy flavour. However, if replacing milk or cream a slightly larger amount of yogurt may be needed.
- Bring EasiYo Yogurt to room temperature before you begin cooking with it.
- Heat any dish containing EasiYo Yogurt slowly on a low heat until it reaches serving temperature.
- Yogurt should not be heated quickly or boiled, otherwise it will curdle.
- Yogurt should be added as the last ingredient. However, if EasiYo Yogurt is to be added at the beginning of cooking you must stabilise* it first to prevent curdling.
- When baking with EasiYo Yogurt, curdling will not occur as flour is already an ingredient which will stabilise the yogurt.
- Fold EasiYo Yogurt, rather than stir, into other ingredients as this will help to retain its consistency.
- Heating EasiYo Yogurt causes it to thin out, so it can be thickened by adding a small amount of flour, cornflour or arrowroot dissolved in a little cold water.
- EasiYo Yogurt's fresh, mild flavour goes well with all types of fruit, vegetables, fish and meat.